INGREDIENTS375ml (210g) cake flour
1. Sift the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices together.
2. Add the carrot, dates, cake mix and nuts to the flour and mix through.
3. Beat the eggs with the liquids. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add enough liquid to moisten the dry ingredients. Mix lightly. DO NOT OVER MIX, BATTER CAN STILL BE LUMPY.
4. Line the hollows of a medium sized muffin tin with paper cups. Fill two-thirds full with batter and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly pressed with the finger.
5. Allow to cool to room temperature. Sprinkle with icing sugar for decoration.