1 large chicken
1 red onion, quartered
60 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
60 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
20 ml fresh sage
15 ml crushed garlic
250 ml Verjuice
125 ml chicken stock
20 ml whole-grain mustard Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
100 g baby carrots
100 g baby Rosa tomatoes
100 g baby marrows, cut into bite-size pieces
To serve Couscous
1. Place the chicken with the onion, herbs and garlic in a Glad Oven Roasting bag.
2. Mix the Verjuice, stock and mustard together and add to the chicken in the bag.
3. Make incisions into the bag according to instructions, tie bag closed and place on the rack of an oven roasting pan.
4. Roast in a preheated oven at 200°C for 45 – 50 minutes. Remove from oven, carefully open bag and add the carrots, tomatoes and marrows. Close bag and return to oven.
5. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and juices run clear from chicken when cut with a knife.
6. Remove food from the roasting bag and place on a serving platter.
7. Serve warm with couscous.