1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add the cheese and mix through.
3. Beat the eggs, yoghurt and cream together. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the liquid. Lightly cut the liquid into the flour with a knife until mixed through.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and lightly pat into a 25 mm thickness. Cut out small rounds using a cookie cutter or the edges of a glass.
5. Line a baking tray with Glad Baking paper and place the scones on top, leaving 15 mm spaces in between to allow for rising. Lightly brush the tops with the extra beaten egg.
6. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted and scones are light golden in colour.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
8. Cut in half and serve with toppings of choice.
1. Cream cheese and Smoked ham: Spread the cream cheese over the scones and top the ham. Garnish with sliced spring onion.
2. Cream Cheese and bacon topping: Spread the cream cheese over the scones and top with sliced biltong.