INGREDIENTS8 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Mix the eggs, basil and parmesan together. Season to taste and set aside.
2. Place the peppers skin-side down on a preheated griddle pan and grill until skins start to wrinkle and blacken. Remove from pan and peel skins off. Allow to cool.
3. Cook the sweet potato and butternut in salted water until tender. Drain and pat dry with paper towel.
4. Heat the 15 ml of the oil in a heavy-based frying pan with an ovenproof handle. Add the leeks and garlic and sauté until the leeks are translucent. Add the baby marrows and fry for 2 minutes. Remove form heat and set aside.
5. Add the remaining oil to the reserved oil and add the aubergine in batches. Fry for 2 minutes a side or until golden and tender.
6. Line the base and sides of a 23 cm loaf tin with baking paper. Arrange a layer of half the aubergines on the base of the tin. Spread the leek mixture on top. Cover with the grilled peppers, the remaining aubergines and top with the butternut and sweet potato.
7. Pour the egg mixture over. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C for 50 – 55 minutes or until set. Allow to cool in oven.
8. Carefully turn out onto a cutting board. Cut into 25 mm thick slices, cut the slices in halve to form rectangles.
9. Top each rectangle with a dollop of hummus and an olive. Serve at room temperature.